WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
St. Augustine’s, as part of the Diocese of Jamaica and the Cayman Islands is an Apostolic Church. We are a body of believers grounded in the Breaking of Bread, the teachings of the Gospel of Christ, the Prayers and the Fellowship. Locally, we are a Bible-believing congregation that is reaching out to our communities with the love of Jesus Christ. We believe that it is our responsibility to reflect God’s presence among those within the communities we serve. We commit to pray for, listen compassionately to, and to nurture all those whose paths intersect with ours. It is also our sincere desire that all persons would come to know and embrace the Lord Jesus Christ as personal Saviour, and become spiritually vibrant, life-giving reproducing disciples. Therefore, we pray for our communities and their environs, street by street; for our city and its civic, political, community and spiritual leaders by name; and for the business district by organizations.
We believe that as Christ’s disciples we should make a genuine and lasting impact on people’s lives, meeting spiritual, emotional, social and physical needs. We reflect these tenets by:
• Sharing in Holy Eucharist/Communion
• Encouraging one another through prayer meetings and vigils
• Strengthening our knowledge of God through regular Bible Study
• Deepening our spiritual lives through fasting services
• Upholding spiritual and physical health through healing services and conferences
• Reaching out to the communities through the distribution of care packages and mentoring and teaching persons through the Centre for Corrective Learning
• Building strong relationships among church family through fellowship evenings, the celebration of milestones and achievements, and providing support in times of need
OUR CONGREGATIONAL MISSION STATEMENT
We the members of St. Augustine’s Coral Gardens are committed to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ, to demonstrate God’s love to all people and to be a nurturing faith community working for spiritual and social transformation.